The Great List

It's a list of Great Things!

Saturday, November 10, 2007

What I'm Doing This Weekend for Some Reason

Other than watching Season 1 of Rome, of course...

I'm going to start my Great Lists of Books.

*deep breath*

It's a major reason for the existence of this blog. Many people say, "Oh ho! Former English major! Wannabe writer! Current English teacher! SHE will be able to tell me what to read next!"

Well, sometimes yes, sometimes no. As I update you'll notice that I have huge gaps in my reading history. Most blatant are my bias against bestsellers--though, recently, I've been trying!--and my highly embarrassing unfamiliarity with books written outside of the Americas or Europe. Meaning that while I could, conceivably, write a List of Great Latin American Books, I could hardly do the same for Africa, the Middle East, or Asia/Oceania. I'm embarrassed.

Then again, I guess I just won't separate my lists by continent. Ha HA. That'll show 'em. They'll never suspect a thing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home