The Great List

It's a list of Great Things!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

In Honor of Valentine's Day...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE (11/9/07):

I haven't updated in awhile and totally just noticed that Nana posted a super long time ago. But she reminded me (god, am I dumb as a post):

  • Hugh Laurie: Is he better as the deliciously bitter doctor or the lovable royal oaf? Who knows?
  • similarly: Rowan Atkinson: NOT as Mr. Bean (I shudder to think!), but as that wonderful scoundrel, Mr. Edmund Blackadder. In any incarnation, but the Elizabethan gets my knickers more knickery, let's say.
  • Sean Bean: See Viggo for details.
Any more?

UPDATE UPDATE (9/21):

Yeah, so, Burn Notice last night taught me something new....

Bruce Campbell: I think he's better old! (And without the chainsaw is better, in my opinion...)


UPDATE!!! Rosa Li told me I was very stupid and stupidly left out Liam Neeson. OMG. She was right.

So:

Great, Hot, Old/Dead Men I Stupidly Left Out the First Time


Anthony Bourdain: Hot chef and writer, which means triply hot.

Basically everyone on the West Wing: I have Martin Sheen below, but assume that was for the work of his youth. Add to that: sexy Jew Bradley Whitford, smoldering yet old Richard Schiff, and of course, hottest of them all (even if not a man), the jackal herself, Allison Janney. Plus adorable Rob Lowe and Dule Hill, even though they are arguably not old enough to be on this list (especially Hill).

Clark Gable: Super pretty hot. Better in It Happened One Night than your silly old Gone With the Wind, though.

Viggo Mortensen: Left out earlier not because I forgot about his hotness, but because I didn't realize how old he is (49!).

Liam Neeson: What is the hottest Liam Neeson character? Hot Holocaust savior? Hot Jedi? Hot guy in that Batman movie with the other hot guy in it? The possibilities are endless.

Keep the suggestions coming!

*****

The original list:

Great, Hot, Old/Dead Men

Alan Alda: Pretty AND liberal. Sigh.

Humphrey Bogart: Might as well kill me now. Probably my ultimate old guy crush. Best when drunk!

Avery Brooks: Did you realize he's almost sixty?!

Michael Caine: Oh, you British people.

Sean Connery: Oddly enough, better in old man form.

Richard Dawson of Match Game/Family Feud fame: What a dirty, dirty man. Best when he's just gotten a bonus match correct and is really excited inside but wants to look like he doesn't give a damn if he got it right or wrong.

Richard Dreyfuss in Jaws: I'm a Jew. I'm predisposed towards the nerdy, nebbishy boys.

Clint Eastwood: Best when squinting.

Laurence Fishburne: So cute in Apocalypse Now.

Harrison Ford: Man, are you old enough to be on this list? That sucks, dude.

Alec Guinness: Only when he smirks.

Jimi Hendrix: We recently discovered that he died when he was 27. Yeesh.

John Hurt: Best as the Fool in Lear, but also in crazy form as Caligula in I, Claudius.

Jack Lemmon: What can I say? I like the funny guys.

Ian McKellen: I know I can't have him. Geez.

Paul Newman: Put here because you can't put Robert Redford on a list and not put Paul Newman, and also because he makes really good tomato sauce.

Jack Nicholson in Chinatown: Creepy 'cause he's so icky now.

Laurence Olivier: In his preppy, girlish sorta way.

Al Pacino in the original Godfather: Then he got slimy.

Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mockingbird: There was a time in my life when I wanted to be Atticus Finch. Also, yay glasses.

Robert Redford: Come on. You know I had to put him here.

Alan Rickman: Snape is innocent!

Peter Sellers: Ironically enough, best when he's playing the straight man.

Martin Sheen: Rugged AND liberal. Sigh.

Jimmy Stewart: His voice is hottest of all. Well, gosh!

Patrick Stewart: It's Captain Picard Day every day in my house.

And just so you don't feel I'm being to heteronormative:

Great, Hot, Old/Dead Women

Anouk Aimee (the wife in 8 1/2): Made me want to don 1960s thick-rimmed glasses and cut my hair super short so badly. But then I realized she's much prettier and so could pull it off.

Faye Dunaway: So pretty and so good in movies. Now she frightens me a little.

Diane Keaton: But why does she star in such bad movies now?

Marilyn Monroe: It's a cliche because it's true.

Isabella Rossellini: She's not that old, but she's gorgeous.

Jessica Walter (Lucille from Arrested Development): She looks so good!

Sigourney Weaver: Ouch. The hotness. It burns.

Okay, now you add some.

Update:

Hot Really Old People

I just got to thinking this list was far too 20th century-centric. Let's fix that:

Alexander Hamilton: Hottest founding father, and the craziest!

Oscar Wilde: Yes, I know I can't have him. Also 'cause he's dead.

Any more?

1 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Nana said...

Hahahahaha... I thought I was the only one with the Alexander Hamilton fetish.

Also, Sean Bean! Sean Bean is hot! And old! And Hugh Laurie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home