The Great List

It's a list of Great Things!

Friday, November 09, 2007

In Honor of Ratatouille Coming Out on DVD

Great Animated Features, updated

See September 06 for the original list.

Great

Ratatouille: I LOVE Ratatouille! Which is incredible, because I HATED The Incredibles, which is also by Brad Bird and is about the same theme (talent). How did they manage to have basically the opposite morals? I don't know? How did one manage to be all flash and no heart, and one manage to be all heart as well as beautiful animation and a beautiful score and wonderful characters? AND it's about food. Might as well kill me.

Toy Story: How in the world did I forget Toy Story the first time? It's, deservedly, a classic.

Other good ones, though they have weaknesses:

Anything with Wallace and Gromit in. Penguin!

Grave of the Fireflies
: I have to put this down to get street cred on the animation scene, but my dad and I agree it is overrated. And you aren't allowed to say that cause it's, like, about kids dying in war and shit. Well, it has its moments.

The Jungle Book
: My vote for best songs in any Disney movie. The animation is in the 1970's Disney crap stage, sadly.

Millennium Actress: Well, it was a little (a lot) convoluted, but it got the job done and gets points for being high concept.

Triplets of Belleville: Beautiful as animation, and great soundtrack, but the story left me kind of cold.


More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home